So Valentine’s Day is happening this week whether you love it, or whether you think it is nothing but a load of greeting card crap.
For me, I don’t really struggle to show those around me I love them (and don’t need a day on which to do so), but what I do struggle with is self-love, all year round. It seems like it is only recently (in the UK) that ‘self-love’ is getting a lot of positive focus, but back when I was growing up ‘loving yourself’ was always seen to be a negative. It was linked to having a big ego or being ‘full of yourself’.
Nowadays and as an adult, I am seeing things differently and I am trying to teach myself self-compassion and mindfulness, whilst harnessing as many positive vibes as I possibly can.
So in a world where the insta-famousers are becoming all the more powerful, showcasing perfect lives, perfect bodies, perfect faces (none of which have been photo-shopped of Face-tuned of course, cough, cough) how do we unlock the best version of ourselves?
Here’s a few things that I have started doing to help me, love me:
· Meditate – yes it is hard at first, but using apps like Calm or following guided meditations on YouTube can help. When you master the art of meditation you are said to be in touch with your highest self, so do it daily and connect with the source of all things, the universe.
· Treat yourself as you would a best friend – or even better, treat yourself as you would if you were speaking to your inner child. Yes actually look at yourself in the mirror with no harsh judgements, telling that inner critic (or bitch as I call her) to shut the hell up and rather focus upon what you love appreciating that there is no such thing as perfection. If you met the 7 year old version of you, would you be nasty and focus on all you don’t like about them? Never! You would love them and be kind in order to help them grow.
· Every day show gratitude – say out loud every morning what you are thankful of in life, write it down and watch as more of the same comes to you.
· Mindfulness – practice it! Be open to opportunities and be curious for when you are in this state of mind, you attract new opportunities to you like a magnet.
· Using the products created by The Secret Warehouse – they encourage you to adhere to the teachings of the Law of Attraction, thus enabling you to consciously receive postive things into your life.
The Law of Attraction states that what you think about and focus upon will become your reality. So why the hell would you focus on what you don’t like or don’t want? Unfortunately, however, many of us still find thinking about the negative aspects of our lives or selves easier.
It is through their understanding of the Law of Attraction, the Secret Warehouse has created genius products to help people master the power of positive thinking, whilst teaching themselves self-compassion.
With products geared towards both children and adults, you will find yourself carrying out acts of compassion via the Task Cards, believing in your ability whilst writing with the Power Pen and Clipboard and feeling reassured with rocks that create a powerful placebo effect.
Finally, I have found a brand that focuses on the beauty of the mind. A kind-hearted company that teaches us about the power of positive thoughts and guides us to be the best version of ourselves and I assure you, these products will work for even the most negative amongst us.
So this Valentine’s Day, fall in love with what The Secret Warehouse has to offer and use their gifts to focus on loving yourself and on your own personal development. For it is only when you truly love yourself, will you find that all other relationships and aspects of your life will become the best they can be.
Contributor: Pink Tartan Doll
Travel Blogger at www.pinktartandoll.com